Soap Saver Size H hook Worsted weight 100% Cotton yarn. I used Lily Sugar n Cream. (Just a warning, i used the Swimming pool colorway, and it should have been washed before using it...i turned a lovely shade of blue ) I didn't measure yardage, but it's under 50 yds.
SL ST = Slip Stitch SC = Single Crochet DC = Double Crochet CH = Chain
1. Chain 32. SL ST to form a ring.
2. SC around 1 time. Sl st to first sc, ch1.
3. SC around in back loops only 1 time. Sl st to first sc, ch1.
4. (Sc 2, Ch 2, Skip 2 stitches) repeat 6 more times. (1 round). This forms the spaces you'll weave the drawstring through. Sl st to first sc, ch1.
5. SC around, single crocheting 3 in the Ch 2 spaces. (1 round). Sl st to first sc, ch1.
6. SC around into the back loop of each stitch for 2 rounds. Sl st to first sc, ch1. After second round, ch3.
7. DC around into the back loop of each stitch for 1 round.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for 8 more rounds, ending with the SC round. Do not finish off.
9. To close, hold the two bottom sides together and SC across starting with the stitches closest to your hook. (Putting your hook through both sides of the bag.) Finish off and weave in your ends. You may leave it like this or turn it inside out depending on which side you'd like on the outside.
10. To make drawstring, CH a length of about 17-18 inches (I like a longer drawstring as it's easier to tie). Finish off to make a knot at the end of the chain so it doesn't un-ravel. Weave the drawstring through the spaces created in step 4.