Soap Saver Size H hook Worsted weight 100% Cotton yarn. I used Lily Sugar n Cream. (Just a warning, i used the Swimming pool colorway, and it should have been washed before using it...i turned a lovely shade of blue ) I didn't measure yardage, but it's under 50 yds.
SL ST = Slip Stitch SC = Single Crochet DC = Double Crochet CH = Chain
1. Chain 32. SL ST to form a ring.
2. SC around 1 time. Sl st to first sc, ch1.
3. SC around in back loops only 1 time. Sl st to first sc, ch1.
4. (Sc 2, Ch 2, Skip 2 stitches) repeat 6 more times. (1 round). This forms the spaces you'll weave the drawstring through. Sl st to first sc, ch1.
5. SC around, single crocheting 3 in the Ch 2 spaces. (1 round). Sl st to first sc, ch1.
6. SC around into the back loop of each stitch for 2 rounds. Sl st to first sc, ch1. After second round, ch3.
7. DC around into the back loop of each stitch for 1 round.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for 8 more rounds, ending with the SC round. Do not finish off.
9. To close, hold the two bottom sides together and SC across starting with the stitches closest to your hook. (Putting your hook through both sides of the bag.) Finish off and weave in your ends. You may leave it like this or turn it inside out depending on which side you'd like on the outside.
10. To make drawstring, CH a length of about 17-18 inches (I like a longer drawstring as it's easier to tie). Finish off to make a knot at the end of the chain so it doesn't un-ravel. Weave the drawstring through the spaces created in step 4.
Sorry for not posting in so long! I've been crocheting and looking for a job. I even knitted my first ever *anything*! I make a hat for niece-in-utero! That's right, i'll be getting a NIECE around Dec/Jan! So exciting! You can keep up with my knitting/crochet projects at http://www.ravelry.com/projects/pacisetamor .
Our adopted kitty also had 5 kittens on July 19th! I got to witness all of the births, she wouldn't even let me leave for more than a few minutes for a couple weeks after. I'm glad that she trusted me that much. 4 of them already went to good homes, and my baby Vladimir will be going to his home this weekend. He'll be going with a friend and we can see him often. He's such a sweet boy, she sleeps on me at night time or whenever he naps...usually on my neck/shoulder. He'll be just about 9 weeks then. I'll post a few photos of them.
My mom and youngest sister came down for a visit for a day and a half in August. That was fun! We went to the local caverns and to Shenandoah National Park. It was gorgeous!
I'm thinking of crocheting little Josiah a blankie before i get to see him again sometime this summer! I'm wanting it to be squares crocheted together, so i'm looking at different patterns and blocks. I think i might do it in blue and yellow. I love that color combo. So this means i need to get some more yarn. I have both colors, but only 1 skein of each and they're different weights.
So a lot has happened since i last posted...sorry about that. I moved to Virginia in late January. I'm loving it, it's so beautiful. I'm in a valley and have a great view outside. I will have to take some photos, especially now that spring is starting and everything is blooming. I'm also teaching myself to crochet...again. My mom taught me a bit when i was little, but i forgot most of it. I've been working on a few gifts. This is my link if you're on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/people/pacisetamor And a few pics:
Face cloth. I messed this one up a bit.
Another face cloth
I made some really yummy banana bread today. I had to use up some very ripe bananas...they were close to fermented! hehe
I've also cut out all pork and shellfish (not that i ate that before) out of my diet and am trying to keep kosher as best as i can with what i have. I'm a believer in following the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Some call that Torah Observant, so call it Messianic. Call it what you will, but that's me. The only thing that is a bit irritating is gelatin! It's in the weirdest places..like yogurt. So i've got to watch out for the pesky gelatin, unless it's kosher gelatin. It hasn't been so very hard though.