Saturday, December 3, 2011

My "Bones" Hat

When watching Bones, i fell in LOVE with the hat Brennan was wearing in several episodes.






I found the pattern "Lucky 7 Hat" on Ravelry and decided to modify it a bit to get it closer to this hat. It looks like the brim is k4p2 ribbing and the upper part between cables looks like P1 K1 P1 K1 P1. Instead of doing 7 cables around and high, i'm going to do 8. There will be 8 sections between the non cabled parts that are 5 stitches each so 40 stitches. And 8 cables of 6 stitches each, so 48 stitches. So that's 88 total stitches.  CO 90, so you begin with knit4 and end with purl 2. I'll have to decrease by 2 stitches in the round after the ribbing. (hmm, stitches 2&3 for the first K1, and another 2 stitches towards the middle for a K1 stitch).

I'm scared i'm going to get through the ribbing (like 4in) and find out that i messed up my thinking and will have to frog it.

I guess we'll find out!

I'm using Caron Simply Soft Eco in black and size 8 needles. I'll update when i get through the ribbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment